Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pictures of Ferry Dock at Prince Rupert, B C





The ferry Matanuska was 6 hrs late getting to Ketchikan because it missed the tide in Wrangell Narrows due to an unruly passenger in Petersburg. They had to wait for the police to come and take her off board, so they missed the tide and it was too low for them to get through certain areas. That put us into Prince Rupert about 3 hours behind schedule.

I am so impressed with myself to have driven from Prince Rupert all the way to Williams Lake. I'm sure I'll make it past Seattle tomorrow. I like driving in the summer, long days, and the glacial cold is not crawling around outside just waiting for a mistake to be made.

Swaths of fireweed, blackeyed susan, lupine, and white daisies edged the fields of green alfalfa that I drove along, it was spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment