Wednesday, December 9, 2009

From a photograph by Karin Jurick on the website Different Strokes

I got so caught up in making the skin tones "alive" that I totally forgot to look at the photo. Now that I'm tired of the project I see that I've made her forehead much too low. Sigh. oh well, next year I'll do better. It was a fun exercise. It's great to see what other people have done. Thanks so much to Karin Jurick for her wonderful Website.




Everybody is so realistic with their portraits. sheesh!


A quick and dirty sketch of my assigned photograph, this is fun!

10 comments:

  1. Leslie, you seem to have a gift for portraiture. I do not know who this lady is, but she is definitely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Charlotte LOL. but thanks for the kind words. looking forward to seeing what you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I am so sorry, Charlotte. I saw "Leslie Spanos" Art or something on the face page. Must have been in a hurry! Please do forgive me (I hate when I do that); I'll be chastising myself for days over that mix-up. Anyway, I really do think you have a gift for faces in your portrait work. I usually annihilate my own attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, Charlotte...I meant to tell you that every time I see this lady's face, I am reminded of Hillary Swank...I think they have the same smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome portraits, my fav is the quick and dirty sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Tammy... the quick and dirty sketch has that essence of the moment. They are all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the piece you submitted . Well done on all too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the quick and dirty sketch is great!! I can see why you choose the one you did though. :) nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on the portrait challenge, Charlotte! Love your other variations too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these....it is fun to see all of the different colors and ideas....My favorite is the quick and dirty sketch too....a fun challenge :>

    ReplyDelete