Friday, April 2, 2010

Huckleberry Flower

This little Huckleberry Flower was growing next to the trail.  The whole bush was so beautiful in the sun, I just had to try and photograph it.  Now I have to try and place it in this blog.  If it works I want to shout out to Autumn Leaves!!!!!  The species is Vaccinium sp.  In SE Alaska we call them Blueberries or Huckleberries, nobody can quite decide which they are, so we hedge our bets.... we pick them, eat them fresh, or make pies and jam out of them.  They are not the same as cultivated blueberries, or the blueberries found in Europe.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Sherry, it worked! I need to write FIRST, then upload the pics. duh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little bud! It is screaming, "PAINT ME, CHARLOTTE!!!" I am going to try to email you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't email you (no link in your profile), so if you want to send me your email address to LeavesOfCrimson@att.net, I'll email you with photos. It shouldn't matter whether you write first or not! LOL I want to see if I can do a screen print... and show you what I'm talking about. I don't think the browser matters; it should be the same!

    ReplyDelete