Friday, August 19, 2011

A shoetree outside of Prince Rupert, BC

The tree is located on the southern end of Prince Rupert, BC, it was raining so hard I didn't want to get out of my car to photograph it.
The ground squirrel was photographed in Barkerville, a renovated mining town that is about 40 Kilometers past Prince George (south).  It is sort of entertaining to go through it, I was there in 1969 before it was even developed, then again in 1991, and then yesterday, every time it is bigger and better.

2 comments:

  1. I love the shoe tree (though here I sit fretting over the damage to the tree!); so unique and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing Charlotte - is there a purpose to the Shoe Tree? Is it some sort of memorial or a sort of "I was here" type of thing? Hope you're enjoying yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete