Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lots of Landscapes

I've been to a writing workshop at the Florence School of Art, located in Glendale Springs, North Carolina.  There was no internet access and no cell phone signal.  I had some sort of withdrawal, it wasn't technology withdrawal as I did a lot of "painting" on my iPad and computer with Photoshop.  So I'm not sure what to call the withdrawal LOL.  I also did a lot of writing with a pen and paper, I just can't "write" with a computer, haha.  Anyway the above is a digital painting done in Photoshop of a photograph taken by Murilo, a Brazilian man, of a scene in Brazil, naturally.

2 comments:

  1. Some really fabulous colour choices in both the portrait and landscape Charlotte. Did you do the iPad portrait from a photograph? I know nothing about digital art, and am becoming more interested in it each day.

    Your withdrawal might have been due to missing the internet. I am addicted and presently see it as a beast, albeit a rather seductive one! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am addicted, dang it. I don't know how many weeks it would take to break the habit, or if I even could break it. I was reading magazines, and wanting to Google more about the subjects and becoming frustrated that I couldn't. I guess I used to go to the library, but I can't remember that far back.... also a different friend of mine found a tote bag that says
    I love my Computer, all my friends live in it.... that's about the way I feel...which makes me feel sorry for myself, but hey, as long as I have the internet I'm okay :D

    ReplyDelete