Monday, January 23, 2012

Calibrating Your Monitor

I am reading a lot of books on photography, one of them said one of the most essential tools for digital photography was calibrating your monitor. I had never done this, I did so immediately.

WOW. What a difference it has made in the colors that I view on my screen. So I am suggesting that anybody that reads my blog do this right now to their own monitor, it only takes about a minute, and makes a huge difference.

That's my advice for today. Have a happy Monday.

4 comments:

  1. And a Happy Monday to you too Charlotte! Where does one go to calibrate the monitor? Tecchiephobia has just set in over here. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go Anne:

    Calibrating Your Monitor

    For Windows - Use Adobe Gamma Utility, found in the Control Panel

    For Macs - Go to System Preferences - Displays - Color

    and then you follow the directions that you find in those places, it's not difficult :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say what Anne said...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Charlotte.

    (P.S. I'm closing my blog for about a month for tidying up, so if you still want to check in, the latest post on my blog explains it all). :-)))

    ReplyDelete